Friday, August 5, 2011

It's the Final Countdown!



Just a couple more days til I will be admitted to the hospital and gearing up to have our lives changed forever! As each day, each hour passes, I am getting more anxious, nervous and emotional. I can't believe that after so many months of the time just dragging by, we are gonna have our little guy in our arms!

Tyler is currently sick with a bad cold after getting himself so rundown working so hard on the baby's room after his regular job every day and weekend. The man is such a hard worker! I am so proud of him, but unfortunately, his body wasn't enjoying the lack of rest. I pray that he is well and ready to go for the induction or I will be admitting him as well for get some much needed rest!

This weekend, being our last weekend "single" and without our precious baby boy, is gonna be busy but still gonna be full of rest to gear us both up for this big change! The first coat of paint goes up in the baby's room tomorrow and then I have the rest of the day planned out to me REST!!!! Sunday, we will attend church, relax for a bit, then head up town for a nice movie/dinner date before checking into the hospital. I am seriously contemplating bringing an Xbox to entertain us while we are there waiting! Tee hee.

At my last ultrasound and appointment yesterday, I was told that the lil guy still looks awesome, but for me, I am still only dialated 1/2cm. My doctor went over how things will work at check-in, getting the Cytotec pill, some leg contraptions that massage my legs to prevent blood clots, etc. She will check in on me Monday morning and I will get the Pitocin to hopefully get my labor going fast and that lil guy out into the world for us to meet! She did mention that if the induction doesn't take, they will send me home on Monday night. I wasn't prepared to hear those words. I hadn't considered the possibility of the induction not working. So, of course, me being the one who likes to worry about everything, especially with having this baby, I am now freaking out worried that this won't work and I will end up being sent home without a newborn in my arms. I am trying to trust that God is in control and that whatever happens is meant to happen. I wouldn't have minded waiting til the lil guy wanted to come on his own, but having this induction planned for so long and now finding out that it's possible that it won't work is devastating. I am trying to think positive that he is ready to come into this world and that the induction will go GREAT! These last weeks have been so draining emotionally and physically. I look forward to have these days behind me and simply enjoying the little miracle that God has given to us!

My next post, will hopefully be sharing the first pictures and moments of our lil guy's life. Please pray for us if you would regarding my nerves, Ty's cold, and for the smooth delivery without complications of our son. Thank you so much in advance! :)

No comments: